Hi, my name is
I like to build things.
I'm a Software Engineer based in London specializing in developing exceptional, high-quality websites and applications. I'm currently working at Intercom as a Product Engineer.
I also take photos, climb, and fly planes.
Hey there! I’m a versatile Software Engineer who lives to build beautiful products from the ground up. I started programming at the age of 8, and at 14 raised funding for my first start-up.
For the past 6+ years, I've been honing my skills both frontend, backend and more recently iOS development. I enjoy constantly learning and improving my skills with the technologies that keep evolving in this ever-changing field!
Here's a few things I'm experienced with:
- HTML & CSS
Where I've Worked
Senior Product Engineer @ Intercom
May 2019 - Present
- Product Engineer working in the Automation Group. Working on numerous products across Intercom including Custom Bot, Resolution Bot, Messenger and more.
- Toured with teams across the company leading projects and contributing to widely used internal frameworks/systems such as Composer, Matching, Visual Editors, Bot Automation, Realtime Services, Reporting + more
- Worked alongside team and group leads to roadmap and explore long term vision
- Interviewed candidates in various stages from Tech Design to Problem Solving
- Built internal tools during "wiggle weeks", most notably designing & building the Feature Flag rollout system used across the company to procedurally rollout features to end users
Senior Software Engineer @ Yieldify
Aug 2017 - May 2019
- Involved in the hiring and interview process for engineering candidates in CV reviews, take home tests and technical white-boarding interviews.
- Coordinated feature development across multiple teams, involving white boarding sessions, product definition refinement and task writing.
- Built internal tools in own time to improve productivity of team, such as a chrome extension to improve our work#ow in Jira, a GitHub PR bot to maintain consistency across repos and an auto package bumper to keep internal modules up to date across projects the large number of repos they’re used in.
Full Stack Developer @ TalkLife
Feb 2015 - Aug 2017
- Built a confidential messaging service that connects patients to licensed therapists for a low monthly cost enabling anyone access to a therapist when they need it most.
- Designed and built an admin/overview dashboard that views and controls all the different TalkLife related services.
- Came up with and prototyped new ideas, using different technologies to test their feasibility and demo to investors.
- Worked alongside the bright minds at MIT, Harvard and Microsoft Research to work on an incredible research project involving mental health and suicide intervention.
- Built multiple internal tools used in processing large amounts of data to assist in tasks like moderation and suicide intervention.
Co-Founder and Software Engineer @ Doorpass
Jun 2016 - May 2017
- Built and maintained a large microservices based web application with a fast single page web application frontend. All written in TypeScript using Node.js and React.
- Worked with hundreds of different APIs for different platforms to build platform integrations.
- When APIs weren't available I had to reverse engineer 3rd party platforms and build complex Web Bots to implement the features that we required.
- Worked with complex crypto algorithms including Shamar Secret Sharing to ensure users data was secure from both external and internal threats.
Co-Founder and Developer @ whatleads.to
Dec 2013 - Feb 2015
- Founded in December 2013 and pitched to receive incubator funding from Bethnal Green Ventures.
- Built a scalable API and web app able to handle thousands of concurrent connections.
- Built the entire back-end and dynamic front-end codebase to work on the distributed infrastructure while keeping load times and bandwidth usage low.
Some Things I've Built
Over lockdown, I designed and built a highly realistic Air Traffic Control simulation game using Typescript and Canvas.
The game is built on-top of a highly performant Canvas Game Engine I designed, and has numerous features such as a command interpreter, predictive completion and aircraft that simulate real-world procedures such as ILS approaches and VOR holds.
Doorpass was a side project built to be the safest way to manage your team’s access to their cloud services. It did this by connecting with 3rd party SASS platforms such as GitHub, AWS and Mixpanel. It then provided a standard interface to invite users, assign their permissions and also remove them in one click when the time comes. It was built on-top of a microservice driven platform writtern in Typescript.
Connect was a service that connected people with accredited therapists instantly whenever they needed to talk.
On the frontend was a simple React SPA, and the backend was a REST API is writtern in Node.js, using MondoDB, Socket.io and Redis. I also implemented Elastic Search for quick searching through old conversations. Billing powered by the Stripe API.
- Elastic Search
One of the larger projects I worked on at TalkLife. This is the overview and admin dashboard for all TalkLife services. The system needed to be very flexible as it plugs into a bunch of different services (such as Connect and Moderation). As well as this I also built a bunch of cool modules, such as a visualization to display live trending topics across the community.
Another cool one was the feed module, it ran posts through a ML classifier built by MIT that would automatically flag posts contain symptoms of suicidal planning, hateful speech, etc.
- Elastic Search
Get in Touch
I'm not currently looking for new work, but feel free to get in touch to say hi! You can also apply to date me, and I'll probably get back to you faster.Say Hello